Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Locations Needed for Feature Film and Television!!
Hello All, (These must be in Nassau County)
I'm looking for the following locations:
1) For CBS television series, Person of Interest, they're looking for a gated, secure grand mansion. They want to film one day, and have one day of prep and one day of wrap. Not a huge budget, but decent. This is set for second or third week in February. They cannot pay huge village fees with this, or it will eat away at what they can offer the homeowner.
If you have any suggestions, please e-mail email@example.com and reference Person of Interest.
2)From the Location Manager: I am working on a new feature film for 20th Century Fox entitled "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", directed by and starring Ben Stiller. We will begin production on the film later this spring in the New York area.
We are currently scouting for a modern archive / storage facility to film scenes for our movie. In the film, one of the main characters works as a photo archivist for a major magazine company and his office is described as an expansive modern archive facility. Our production team has responds favorably to a number of different looks for this location but we haven't been able to find the right place yet. Some of the features for this location include: high ceilings, file storage or shelving, no windows or very few windows. Mostly likely we will find a space that has some of those elements that we are looking for and dress in the rest.
The filming would take a couple of days to perform with some prep time in advance and time to restore after completion of filming. We would schedule this work for some time between April and July of this year."
If you have any suggestions, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Secret Life of Walter Mitty"
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
(Photo: Teddy Sears of Masters & Johnson)
Hello All, (These must be in Nassau County)
It's going to be one busy year! I'm looking for the following locations.
1) For Lion's Gate TV Series, Orange is the New Black, they're looking for a campus style setting, minimum security women's prison ala Danbury Women's Correctional Center (where Martha Stewart stayed). They're looking for empty so they can take it over and shoot as needed. Maybe a closed County Club or Closed school. THEY ARE NOT FILMING TILL SUMMER - THIS IS PRELIMINARY SCOUTING. If you have any suggestions, please e-mail email@example.com and reference "Orange is the New Black"
2) For HBO tv pilot, Masters & Johnson, they're looking for a mid-century home, mid 50's modern home. For mid-February. They have a healthy budget for this. (The manager may send me some representative photos at a later time, and if so, I will forward them to you). Village MUST be film friendly. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Masters & Johnson)
3)For a "Got Milk" commercial, they need an olympic sized swimming pool for February 2. They most likely need it closed or maybe can shoot at night. They're already looking at Hofstra and the Nassau Aquatic Center. 50 person cast/crew. Please reference McGrail/Got Milk.
4) For a big Aetna print job, they need a modern hospital with the following: Drs. office and examining room, CAT Scan, MRI, reception area, waiting room, hopefully a pharmacy. 3rd week in February for 2 days. Cast/crew only about 25. Decent budget. If you have any suggestions, please e-mail email@example.com and reference Hutch/Aetna.
Thank you for your help.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Location Needed for Feature Film
(This must be in Nassau County)
A feature film is searching for a location for April/May -- attached cast already includes Katie Holmes, Dianne Wiest, Michael Gambon, Mark Rylance, with another 4-5 name actors in stages of offer right now, to be secured in the next couple weeks.
While they did find a perfect setting on Lake Waramaug in Connecticut, they are very much hoping to keep the film in New York!
Per the script, here is some useful information about the property requirements from the producer:
"- Our film is set in 1984. It is the weekend LAKESIDE home of celebrated actress, who travels there for Memorial Day weekend.
- The estate is managed by a caretaker and his wife, who live in a smaller house on the property.
- There is a barn and an outhouse.
- The house needs to have at least 4 bedrooms, preferably more.
- There is a veranda.
- One of the upstairs bathrooms oversees the lake.
Might you have any ideas? I would also love to find a house with character. The type I refer to is in the living room you can view by clicking "interiors" of this house, http://www.comfort-island.com - as it would fit the artistic character of the owner.
We are beginning to look at locations next week, so anything you can think of sending that is ready to view in person, please send on!"
If you have any suggestions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Gluadini lakehouse.
The photos are snapshots from the lakehouse on Lake Waramaug.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
I don’t know about you, but I am SO psyched for 2012. Working on manifesting great things in all areas of my life.
It will be the 15th year of the Long Island International Film Expo from July 13 – 19, 2012 –and if you’re a filmmaker – this is the place to be! We’re in early bird submission phase until February 18 (then the prices start going up), so take advantage of the deep discounts. Also, if you’re a student or a filmmakers connection member (heck even if you’re a LIIFE alumni), take a further discount and submit, submit, submit. We’ll also be holding a music video, trailer and scriptwriting competition to go along with all the film competitions (animation, student, feature, short, director, documentary, foreign film, Long Island Film, etc, etc, etc). Enter at www.LongIslandFilm.com.
Now for the locations needed:
Hello everyone, (These must be in Nassau County, NY)
We are looking for the following locations.
1) For feature film, Untitled David Gray Project (he also did The Yards), from Jewel Box Productions (it stars Joaquin Phoenix, Marion Cotilliard and Jeremy Renner), they are looking for: a) a 1920's bath house, preferably with white tiles for 1920 period piece. This is for one day.
b) They also need a pier at which to dock a 1920's ferry.
If you have any suggestions, please e-mail email@example.com and reference Sage/Gray.